Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy 6 months Kensley!

Dear Kensley,

Today you turn 6 months old. Goodness child, you are half a year old already! We went to a birthday party yesterday and I thought about how in just 6 months we will be having one for you. And if the next six months go as fast as your last six months then your party will be tomorrow and your dad and I better start planning.

This month you have been absolutely occupied with shoving things into your mouth. There is nothing in your world that is off-limits to your munching and chewing. Even if the object of your desire is three times the size of your face, I watch as you try to devour it. You have chewed on your hands, your feet (and all of them at the same time) the television remote, Spencer’s tail, the telephone, my face and your dad’s nose. But still no tooth. We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of your first tooth like a kid at Christmas, but nothing yet. Your dad stood there and told me the other day that he could see them poking through but I looked in your mouth the other night and didn’t see a thing. So obviously your dad’s enthusiasm is causing him to see things. We shouldn’t point this out to him though, he likes being right. Learn this early and it will save you loads of headaches, plus it will probably get you out of everything you do. Simply agree with your father and your golden.

Another sign that your getting older (When will you start to pay rent?) is that you no longer lay in my arms calmly when I feed you. You reach up and look at me with your adorable puppy dog eyes and you lay your hand on my face. Then you slap me. Pinch me. Inspect my mouth like the most skilled orthodontist. The other day you punched me in the nose and it throbbed in agony for the rest of the day. Is that any way to repay the woman who feeds you?

The other day we wandered into a BabiesRUs and a really nice woman asked us if she could use you in a few poses and we would get a free 5x7 out of the deal. You were such a great baby and you smiled at her and we finally got a picture of you sitting up all by yourself. The sweet lady talked about how you were such a well-behaved baby and so happy and smiley. We agreed with her because we know this is true, even though it has nothing to do with your dad or my parenting skills. You are just an easy-going, laidback baby. You began to sleep through the night when you were 6 weeks old and you have never woken up in the middle of the night, you will lie on the floor and entertain yourself for hours. You are the most content baby I have ever met. I’m not saying these things to brag to other parents who may have a more challenging baby, I’m saying it because that’s exactly what your personality is.

In honor of your six month birthday we took you to the zoo today. We walked you all over and showed you the penguins, lions, tigers and bears (OH MY!). Even though you didn’t get it, it was so much fun walking you around and pointing out the animals to you. It was great to think that in a few short years you will be like the kids we saw today, running and jumping up and down, full of excitement. These past six months with you have been life changing. Our lives have changed completely. Our lives now are much more full and fun and interesting. We wake up everyday excited to come in your room and see your bright shining face, and to know that its just going to keep getting better.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)