Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pull-Apart Bacon Bread

IMG_5076

I found this recipe on Noble Pig's website. I was looking for something to take to my grandparent's house for Super Bowl Sunday and came across this. It sounded different than anything I had ever tried before and I had most of the ingredients on hand so I whipped it up. It was a HUGE hit!


Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
1 lb. (16 ounces) bacon, fried and crumbled
1 teaspoon oil
(I used extra-virgin olive oil)3/4 cup chopped pepper (I used a mix of red and green bell pepper)3/4 cup onion, chopped (I used yellow)3 tubes biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers 16 ounces each)1/2 cup margarine, melted (I used butter)1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
In oil sauté peppers and onion until tender.  Cut biscuits into quarters and place in large mixing bowl.  Add peppers-onion mixture, bacon, margarine and cheese, tossing until well combined.  Pour into lightly greased 10" bundt pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

This recipe made a TON. I probably could have cut it in half and still had plenty for everyone. Definitely unique and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)