Saturday, May 29, 2010

6 Year Anniversary

Today was our 6 year anniversary. I can't believe it has been 6 years! They have completely flown by. I can remember the day like it was yesterday and our wedding was so much fun. I remember talking to Dave on our way to the hotel that night and both of saying we would get married 100 times over because we had such a good time. Today was just as beautiful as it was 6 years ago, maybe a little hotter. We spent the afternoon shopping just Dave and I. Kensley spent the day with Grandma Patti and got to go see Shrek 4 at the movie theatre. I think its safe to say she didn't miss us too much ;)

Our first stop was at Old Navy and we really scored some good deals! I got Rowan 15 shirts, 2 pairs of pajamas and we bought Kensley another bathing suit. We should have paid $110 for all of that and I ended up paying $45. I was super happy with that!

IMG_2685

Then we drove up to the outdoor mall and spent the whole day outside walking around. We found this adorable swim outfit for next year...

IMG_2687

Dave got me an adorable diaper bag for an anniversary gift and I think maybe I should feel bad about only getting him a gift card to Chipotle? haha But I am justifying the cute bag with the fact that its not really just a gift for me, its a gift for the babies as well. Right? ;)

After shopping we stopped and had dinner at Hibatchi Japan. It was absolutely delicious and we had such a great time!

IMG_2610

Got to love the onion volcano ;)

We then picked up Kensley and spent the evening with friends playing in their backyard.

IMG_2624

They have two boys who are 1 and 4 and Kensley just adores them.

IMG_2653

She never ever wants to leave their house when we visit.

IMG_2660

Can you blame her?

IMG_2677

It was a great way to spend our anniversary. I love having days like this to reflect on the amazing man I married. I know its important to try to remember it every day, but these days are extra special. My hubby is my best friend, my perfect match. I watched him today as we ate nachos and cheese break my chips in half because that is how I like them, he talked me into a gift because he told me over and over I deserved it, he held my hand and made me feel beautiful. I watched him play with our daughter. I witnessed all over again the amazing dad he is when I watched him on our video monitor tonight lay beside her in bed because she woke up crying and wanted her daddy. I am so blessed. So unbelievably lucky to know him, have him and call him my own. These 6 years have been such a gift and I am looking forward to growing old with my best friend by my side.

Love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)