Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year and The Black Cloud of Doom

Happy New Year! I hope you all are having a fabulous year so far! I feel just downright awful that I haven't blogged at all yet this year, but the truth is its because I feel downright awful. This past week has been downright awful. It's been a downright awful, no good, very bad week.

I think you get my point.

Our week sort of went like this...

Sunday morning I walked into Kensley's room after I heard her up and playing. I walked in and was immediately hit with the stench of vomit. She must have thrown up some time in the night and then fell back asleep. It was caked in her hair, the carpet and all over her bed. Sadly, Dave was at work so I got stuck with the clean up duty. I bathed her, cleaned the carpet and threw all of her bed stuff in the wash. Including her "Bee" pillow pet. This is the first of four washings he got this week. She seemed pretty energetic the rest of the day and wasn't running a fever so I just kept an eye on her. Around 5pm she started laying on the floor and acting tired. She got up in the rocking chair and I went to put in a movie for her and she threw up all over the chair. I then clean that up and get her ready for bed. Around 1 am I hear her coughing and have Dave go check on her and she had thrown up again in her room.

Monday I called off work to stay home with Kensley and I wasn't feeling well myself. I threw up in the morning and spent the rest of the day feeling like I was going to. Kensley threw up once but spent this day just laying around without an appetite really.

Tuesday Kensley seemed to be feeling better so I headed to the store to stock up on some sprite and crackers and juice. She really wanted to go to the bookstore so we stopped there on the way home. I fed Rowan while we were there and 10 minutes later her threw up his entire bottle all over himself. He turned beet red and was projectile vomiting at me. So we head home. He throws up his next bottle as well and then just has a limited appetite for the rest of the day.

Wednesday was my birthday and thankfully vomit free from everyone.

Thursday Kensley throws up at 1 am and I start at 5am. I spent the entire day feeling delirious and stayed in bed sleeping off and on till around 6pm. Thank goodness Dave stayed home to take care of the kids for me.

Friday I woke up still feeling nauseous and queasy but luckily kept some liquid and crackers down. I took some Zofran I had left over from having morning sickness with Rowan and felt a bit better that night. Kensley still layed around and seemed to have less of an appetite than normal.

Today I woke up still feeling a little sick but better. Kensley has eaten an entire bowl of soup so I am praying it stays down.

So that was our week.

IMG_4944

That right there pretty much sums it up.

But Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)