Monday, November 25, 2013

Epic Date Day

It's been a crazy, crazy month with the move and getting settled into a new routine. So it was perfect timing that Dave and I had a chance to spend the entire day together ending with the Third Eye Blind concert. It started with us waking up at 6:45 to get ready for Christmas pictures. If anyone knows me you will know that I am NOT a morning person and I am never up before 7:30. For some lame reason when you wait till the last minute to schedule pictures this is the time they give you to be at the studio.

How Rude.

Surprisingly, we all got up and dressed and out the door on time. The pictures turned out really well. We dropped the kids off at grandma's and started on the hour long drive to Cleveland. Until half way there, we realized we forgot our concert tickets. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is so forgetful. We were so worried about the kids and having everything we needed for them that we totally forgot the two most important things of the day. So we turned around and headed back home.

Before we started back to Cleveland we made a quick stop to see this-

IMG_2424
Have you heard of it? It's a small independent film. It might catch on.

After the movie we headed to Cleveland and made the terrible decision to forgo our coats because we didn't want to have to hold them through the concert. Within 5 seconds of stepping out of the car I regretted my decision. I had on a paper-thin cardigan sweater and I could feel my skin slowly freezing. Then the doors we thought would be open were closed and we had to walk around to the other side of the building. We stopped in a store real quick to warm up, but they didn't have any heat and the workers were standing in front of a heater wearing winter jackets, scarves and hats. I debated buying a hoodie in the store just to warm up a little but decided against it. We finally made it to the House of Blues only to find the doors locked because they weren't open. So we stood in the door way snuggled till they opened. I risked hypothermia but it was worth it to sit and get to stare at this guy...

IMG_2426

After we ate we went to stand in line in the "skip the line" section. Which happens to be in a back alleyway. Which had no heat. Which was FAH_REEZING. So my sweet hubby went back to the store and bought me this...

IMG_2428

The warmth I felt was amazing. After a lot of standing in line, nearly falling asleep standing up I was so tired and feeling nauseous from standing in the heat after working hours to stay warm, we were rewarded with a really awesome concert. Every time I see them is better than the last.

IMG_2467

IMG_2474

Truly though, the best part of the day was spending time with Dave. It's far and few between that we get time together but when we do it's so worth it. Just remind me to bring my coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)