Sunday, July 27, 2008

Say A Little Prayer For Me

This week has been a rough one. Kensley is teething hardcore and yesterday we hit a wall. From 4-6:30 she cried and everything I did...didnt work. I figured she was tired, so I put her in her crib and she cried, and cried and then cried some more. So I put her in her swing. She cried. I put her back in the crib. she cried. I picked her up and walked her around and guess what? She cried. I have her some tylenol and baby orajel, but that orajel seems to last abot 5 seconds and then she cries again. I gave her teethers, cold washcloths, a cool banana in one of those mesh contraptions...I even gave her my own fingers to chew on...By the time Dave got home at 6 I was about to lose my mind. I dont know how in the world people who have babies with collic do it. I couldnt take 2 hours of crying without wanting to curl up in a ball and just cry myself. In fact I did. I cried right along with her because I felt so bad. Finally I put her in her carseat and drove her down the road and by the time I was down there she had passed out cold. I couldnt afford to keep driving around so I took her back home and tried to lay her in her crib. BAD IDEA. She then screamed more. So we loaded up the car and went out to eat. HAHA. She fell asleep in the car and until half way through dinner. Then that was it. I had her in the bathroom trying to get her to stop crying, but nothing worked. We called the doctor and he told us to keep doing what we were already doing...Since she didnt have a fever and was still eating. Ugh. Just sitting here knowing she is in pain and there is nothing that we can do..well, it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)