Sunday, July 13, 2008

You Know Your A Mom When...

Dave and I went out to lunch today and I went to change Kensley's diaper in the women's restroom. I hate doing this, because public restrooms disgust me and its soo awkward trying to change a baby in one of those handicap stalls. Anyway, it had to be done because her diaper was starting to weight more than she did.

So I head in there and I begin to change her. No problem there. Unfortunately someone had decided to "drop the kids off at the pool" and forgot to flush so I was dealing with not one pile of crap to sniff, but two. And then it hit me. I had to go and I had to go right now. There was no time to rush her out to daddy at the table. So I grabbed her, the diaper bag and myself and squeezed into one of those teeny-tiny-one-person-stalls. Im trying to hold her and get my pants and underwear off at the same time. I manage somehow and begin to do my business when Kensley decides that she wants to eat. AND SHE WANTS TO EAT NOW.

So I have a screaming baby on my lap, I have an awful case of diarrhea ripping through my body and I am now trying to prepare a bottle with my free hand. I had to set the bottle on the floor *UGH I KNOW* THE GERMS* and dump her formula in and then put the lid back on and shake it up while holding the Houdini of all babies, wiggling and squirming all over the place. I finally get the bottle in her mouth and I finish my business. Have you ever tried to feed a baby with a bottle under your chin while trying to pull your underwear and shorts up with one hand? Let alone try to button and zip your pants and then make your way out of the restroom sweating profusely like you just ran a 10K race? If you have, then God bless you. You must be a mother.

Oh and then later on tonight I picked her up after her nap and she blew out her diaper and peed all over me. *Sigh* But man, do I love her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)