Sunday, February 8, 2009

11 months



Dear Kensley,

Yesterday you turned 11 months old and I am still waiting on your father to re-install microsoft word onto my laptop so I can write you your 10 month newsletter. This happens quite often. I ask your dad to do something, he tells me he will get right on it and then months later I am still waiting. It is just another reason I love your daddy. He is so predictable. And for some reason when you are in counseling years and years from now, and it comes down to the fact that you never got to read your 10 month newsletter and because you had no idea what you accomplished that month you have spent million in therapy-send your father the bill.

So where was I? Oh yes! 11 months! Where does the time go? I can't believe that this time last year we were getting ready to have our second baby shower for you and I was so miserable and uncomfortable because your feet were permanently lodged under my rib. I remember us battling for space, me pushing your feet down and you pushing right back. You still have that same tenacity. I am now spending my days telling you not to touch the tv, picture frames, remote controls and my cell phone. You look at me and then move your hand really slowly and touch it just waiting for my reaction. You really are such a stinker.

Right now you are working on your second tooth. You have one bottom tooth and are now getting your top left tooth. The past two days have been really hard because there is nothing that will soothe you from this discomfort. You have also become super clingy and will only be happy if we are holding you. Yesterday I put you in your high chair to feed you some peaches and YOU FLIPPED OUT. I had to hold you in my arms and feed you your peaches. The doctor told us this month that you are developmentally mature for your age, because most children don't get this clingy until 15 months or so. So maybe I should be proud of your maturity, but really I am hoping you grow out of this stage soon.

You.are.this.close.to.walking. You have been pulling up on everything for over a month and have been walking up and down the couch and leaning for nearby objects for a few weeks now. You have also started to let go and stand balancing on your feet for a few seconds before grabbing back on or falling on your butt. If we hold your hands you will gleefully walk across the floor as fast as your little feet will go. I have no doubt you will be walking at your first birthday party.

This month you had a few play dates and I have become painfully aware of the fact that you are not used to being around other young kids. We went to a friend's house who has a 5 month old little girl and every time she screamed you came to a sudden stop and looked at her wide-eyed as if you thought someone was torturing her. Then you came crawling over to me whimpering. We also went and let you play with my cousin's daughter Mya. She is only two weeks older than you and she was crawling up on you and you were making this face that said you do not like to be touched. I am hoping we get a chance for you to around babies your age and that yo can get used to that.

In the next few weeks your daddy and I are getting ready to move into a much bigger place. We are so excited to have a place with a washer and dryer and a dishwasher. The biggest reason we are so excited is that this is much more space for you to walk, run and explore. You will finally have a yard to play in, a huge basement to play in and so much more space. It is hard for me to know that we are leaving the place we first brought you from the hospital and all the memories we have here of your first year, but it is not the walls that make a home-it is the people inside it. I am looking forward to all the new memories we will make and all the laughter and excitement each day brings with you in it.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)