Wednesday, May 6, 2009

10 questions you should ask your mother

I found these questions in an article I was reading the other day and thought it would be neat to ask my mother them and then post them in my blog. Since Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday I thought it would be the perfect time! Feel free to ask your own mother these questions and post them for us to see. You may be surprised by some of the answers.

1). What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?

Stopped at one kid! Just kidding. I probably would have disciplined you more. I thought I was a nice person, but your father and I argued about that. I should have backed him up on the disciplining. Maybe not so much with you, but with your brother. With you I would have waited until I was older to have you...at least 22. I was just too young when I had you.

2). Why did you chose to be with my father?

Oh geez! He had a good sense of humor, he was good looking, he still is.

3). In what ways do you think I am like you? Not like you?

Your are talkitive, funny, you have a good sense of humor, you are compassionate, you are generous. I think you are stubborn like your dad. Your a leader, I am a follower.

4). Which one of us kids did you like best?

Am I going to get in trouble for saying this?! I would say you best. Your nothing like your brother. Respectful and thoughtful, he is not. But really, you are a girl and we have more in common.

5). Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?

No. Maybe that I love you and I probably don't tell you enough. Yeah. Your adopted! haha no really, I was pretty open with you. I think I was more your friend than your mom, but now I see us as both.

6). Do you think its easier or harder to raise a family now than when you were raising a family?

I think it was harder then. Maybe just for us, we were young and had bad jobs. You and Dave have a better set up. You both went to college, I never even graduated high school. No prom. I think technology has made family time more difficult for you and families now. Your children will have too much technology. When you were younger we red books, made cookies. We spent more time together.Your brother is either on the computer or playing video games so we didn't get as much family time with him.

7). Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?

Yeah. My mom and dad got divorced when I was little, I wish they would have been together. I don't understand why my mom let my grandma interfere with their marriage. Or maybe I would ask my dad why he would let his mom interfere. I think that had a large part to do with their divorce.

8). What's the best thing I can do for you right now?

Just be my friend, be my daughter. Listen to me when I need to vent. Your the first person I think of to call.

9). Is there anything you wish would have been different between us? - or that you would still like to change?

I wish you wouldn't have moved to grandma's when you were 16. I understand why you did though. Wish we had more time together before you got married and had Kensley. Not that I am not glad those things happened, I just wish we had spent more time together before you started a family of your own. I wish we could spend more time together now. More than once a week.

10). When did you realize you were no longer a child?

A loooong time ago! I would say about 25. When your brother was born. I had a mid life crisis at 25! haha I was so young when I had you. We still went out and had fun, when your brother was born all of that stopped we just got mature and realized that we had to step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)