Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 Month Check Up

IMG_3542

 Stats

Weight: 15lbs 4oz

Height: 23 inches

Head: 15 3/4"


 Rowan had his two month well visit on Friday. We were really excited to get there and find out just how much our *ahem*... little... man had grown. I couldn't believe it when the nurse said he was already 15 lbs. He grew a full 3 lbs this month! Our pediatrician told us that Rowan is the size of some 9-month-olds.  Whoo boy! Should I start stocking my fridge now?

He also got two shots and an oral vaccine. He did really well and only cried for a minute. He was over crying about the first shot by the time they gave him the second. Such a tough guy. While we were there our doctor asked if we wanted to give Kensley her flu shot. We figured we might as well since we were already there. Guys, it broke my heart. This was the first time we have been to that office where she hasn't been deathly afraid of the doctor in I can't even tell you how long. We got her arm out of her shirt and all ready to go and when the nurse walked back in Kensley was all smiles. The nurse asked to see her arm and she proudly showed it off. As soon as the nurse poked her with the needle her smile faded and she looked at that nurse like she had just killed all of her hopes and dreams. She started crying, "boo boo, boo boo" over and over. Honestly though, she freaked out more about the nurse trying to give her a Dora band-aid. The girl HATES band-aids. Luckily, I thought to grab a sucker from the front desk and when I handed that to her all was well again. Alright, you got me...I gave her three suckers. I suck at this parenting thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)