Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ultrasound Details and Pics

Dear Rowan,

Yesterday your Daddy and I got to have our BIG ULTRASOUND, the one where we found out that you are indeed a little boy. I have had a feeling for awhile now that you were a boy, just because this pregnancy has been different than your sister's. While I could only keep down fruit and Sunny Delight with her, I could eat Taco Bell and boneless buffalo wings with you. I think my morning sickness was a little more extreme with you as well. Your Dad on the other hand was absolutely convinced you were a girl. He just couldn't imagine having anything other than all girls because that is what he firmly believed he would get.

When we went into the room to have the ultrasound done your Dad was still saying that he bet you were a girl. I said we will find out soon enough and when the ultrasound tech waived the wand over my belly the first thing she said was, "Oh, it's a boy!" I think your Dad sat there in shock and muttered out "You win" to me, but the truth is we both win. No matter what we would have been over the moon excited for you and that is what we both are.

boy3

Being a parent the second time around is a little different than the first. I now know what to expect during this pregnancy and maybe even a little of what your birth will be like. I know all about the sleep deprivation, nursing, diaper changing, (although I do hear boys are a little different than girls when it comes to diaper changes. Try not to pee on Mama ok?) and drool. There are just going to be some things that I am a little bit more prepared for with you thanks to your big sister. But you also present a whole new world for us. A world of dirt, trucks, dinosaurs and all things BOY. For up until now our lives have been filled with pink, sparkles and baby dolls. I saw a sign the other day and it explained the definition of a boy as the following-

Boy (noun) : A noise with dirt on it.

I had to laugh out loud at that and thought it to be pretty true. You are going to be so much fun and we can not wait to see you and your big sister in action. Your similarities as well as your differences. And although you are our second baby I hope you never doubt for one instant that we love you any less. You are our first son, our sweet baby boy and we love and look forward to meeting you just as much as we did your sister.

You are also being named after two very important men in our lives. Your middle name- Alexander- is after my uncle Steve. It was his middle name as well. He passed away when he was only 24 but his life had such a wonderful impact on every one he met. He was hysterically funny and full of life and personality and if you inherit even a small percent of that you are profoundly lucky. Your initials match those of your Daddy's Grandpa. R A B. He had a huge impact in your Daddy's life and he loved him very, very much. It is an honor for you to share the initials with such a beloved man. And although these men have passed on and you will never get to meet them in your life here on Earth, we have no doubt that they will be watching over you and protecting you and we know that you will make them very proud.

boy2

Now all we have left to do is wait for the day we get to meet you. We are looking forward to that day so much, little man. In the meantime maybe you could take a little break from the soccer practice you have going on with my bladder. Your kicks already seem so very strong and I am sorta scared at what those kicks may feel like in a few months! Just know that we are anxiously waiting your arrival and your Daddy and I are so very lucky to call you ours. Our sweet baby boy.

boy1 3

I love you now and I'll love you always,

Mama

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Boys are so fun!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a boy! How fun to have a girl AND a boy!

    And the fire boots were not made by my friend, but bought. If I find out where I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)