Monday, February 18, 2008

Back in the U.S.S... (Ugh..ER)


Even with all the prayers you ladies gave me, I ended up catching Dave's lovely stomach flu and spent all day yesterday in the hospital. I started feeling bad about 11:30 sat night and by 3:30 Sunday morning I was throwing up. I was up all night and couldnt keep a thing down. So at 1 in the afternoon we decided to go to the hospital. I was just afraid of getting too dehydrated and that effecting the baby. They checked my urine and there were keytones? in my urine which meant my body was starting to break down muscle, so they hooked me up to an iv and gave me a shot of meds for nausea. While she was giving the iv I started to feel like I was going to pass out. She checked my blood pressure and it was 104/43. The nurse did say I was looking pretty green. During all of this, baby girl was just fine. Her heart rate was higher than usual (in the 160's) but still perfectly fine. She was rolling around and kicking the monitor the whole time

I slept off and on at the hospital until about 7:30. After 3 ivs and 3 shots of meds I was able to drink some ginger ale and eat crackers. I came home, took some more meds and passed out. Im able to keep fluids down today and besides feeling a little queasy and weak Im doing better. Im prob not going to be around to comment today, im heading back to bed. Just wanted to let you know Im ok, and not in labor haha. I couldnt imagine having the baby while feeling so ill. There would have been no way to enjoy it feeling like I did yesterday. But still hoping she comes out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)