Monday, February 11, 2008

Second Baby Shower, Dave's 28th Birthday And A Trip to the ER. Oh My!

What an eventful day yesterday was. It was Dave's 28th Birthday and we had our second shower :) I got Dave a birthday card from Kensley that basically said she was lucky to have such a great Daddy. I also bought a onesie that says Daddy's Little Sweet Pea. Then I got him a card and a hoodie from AE.

We headed up to the shower at his Aunt's house and I was completely blown away by all that she did for us. There was soo much food! We had italian and american subs, sloppy joes, 4 different kinds of wings, pizza bites, cucumber sandwiches, a fruit and veggie tray, mac salad, chips, cookies, cupcakes, a chocolate fountain with strawberries, marshmallows and pretzels and then the got Dave a Birthday cake! And this was for about 30 people! Nobody went hungry thats for sure! She also had mints, chocolate candy bars that said ITS A GIRL!, all of these votives and candles she gave to guests...It was amazing.

We got soo many gifts and even more clothes haha! After both of the showers there is only a handful of things that we still may need and I thought I would list them on here to see if any of you mommies thought it was needed. Somethings we wont need right away. Some we will.

  • More receiving blankets (We only have about 6 total)
  • Those soft feeding spoons for when she starts foods
  • bottle brushes
  • thermometer
  • baby view car mirror
  • mattress pad
  • humidifier
  • more sheets for the bed
  • breast pump

Not bad at all! And we got about $400 in gift cards to use as well. I was wondering if any of you had used a good dual electric breast pump that was affordable because I had signed up for a medela one that is $250. I know its a great one, but if I can get one for less it would be great. I love when I can ask you all for advice!

Anyway, after getting home from the shower we started to put the majority of things away. Dave started to complain of a bad stomach ache. I told him to take some tums but he then got even more sick and threw up. He was throwing up of and on for 2 hours with really bad stomach cramps/pains and we decided to go to the ER. We didnt know if it was food poisoning or what, but I ate mostly the same foods as him and was alright. They told us he probably has a stomach bug since they are going around and sent us home. I didnt get to bed until 3:30 am! I had been up since 6 am the day before, plus all that running around. I was dilerious. I woke up at 630 this morning with a terrible stomach ache, but I havent thrown up and am feeling better now. Im confined to the bedroom and Dave is in the living room. Hes starting to keep some fluids down so I hope that helps. But all in all, what a day!

Ill be posting my 36 week belly pic, pics from the shower and all that tomorrow hopefully. Im just too drained to do it today. Hope you ladies all have a fab Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)