Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Well, if you look outside it doesn't. It is currently 56 degrees here and rainy. This has been one of the warmest fall/winter seasons that I can remember. But they are calling for snow tomorrow and I will keep my fingers crossed!

But inside our home...things are looking festive. Christmas time is by far my favorite time of year. The music, lights, food and all the time spent with family. Someone said that being a mom at Christmas time is a lot of responsibility and I agree. I am the one in charge of traditions and the memories my own children will have when they think back to their holidays as children. So I spend hours thinking and planning the traditions I want to start.

Thanksgiving night we started with the tree.

IMG_4637

IMG_4638

Kensley helped us out the entire time. To pulling out the lights, hanging the beads to pulling out each and every one of the ornaments and hanging them on the lowest branches.

And just like it does every year as we pull out those ornaments, the memories come flooding back. Our engagement ornament in 2003, First Christmas Together in 2004, Baby's First Christmas in 2008 and now 2010, Kensley's little hand print from her first Christmas. Those ornaments mean the most to us.

IMG_4645

And major kudos to my husband, who always makes our tree look amazing. Glad I married a tall guy ;)

IMG_4641

There is nothing like seeing your favorite holiday come alive again through the eyes of your child.

IMG_4643

Here is to making memories. Lots and lots of 'em.

IMG_4644

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)