Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm Just a Girl

When I was a little girl I just loved to play in my grandma's jewelery box. She used to sell Avon and she had so much beautiful costume jewelery and she always let me play with it. I remember her long pearl necklaces and beautiful dangly earrings. The most prized possession of mine to play with was her tiara from her wedding day.

IMG_3406

I used to wear it and pretend I was a princess. Today Kensley played in my jewelery box.

IMG_3411

IMG_3425

She picked up and played with each piece slowly and carefully before moving on to the next piece.

IMG_3442

She played with the flower her daddy wore on the day he married me

IMG_3445

and she wore the tiara I wore that very same day

IMG_3462

I have to say its sort of surreal watching her play with the things we wore on a day when she was just a future dream of ours. A wish that had yet to come true.

IMG_3466

For she is such a fabulous dream come true

IMG_3475

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I love comments :)